Last update: 15/05/2017
Ssshake Limited (“Ssshake”, “we”, “us”, “our”) is a company incorporated in England & Wales (registration number 10329840), of 32 Aybrook Street, London, United Kingdom, W1U 4AW. Ssshake is the data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Additional terms, such as our End User Licence Agreement (“EULA”), will also govern the relationship between us and your use of the App.
Information we may obtain
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by creating an account with us, by using the App or by corresponding with us or with others via the App. The information you give us may include your name, e-mail address, phone number, country of residence, nationality, occupation, date of birth, contact lists, approximate current location, a personal description, a description of your skills or role in the creative process and photograph(s).
Information we collect about you. Each time you access the App we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including your Internet protocol (IP) address and login information;
- information about your use of the App including via analytics software; and
- information about your location via geolocation software.
Information we receive from other sources. We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners who offer services which supplement and/or complement those offered via the App, App developers, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We may use this information:
- to operate and make available the App and provide services to you;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contract entered into between you and us and to provide you with information, products and services in connection with the App;
- to allow selected third party service providers to enable your use of the services provided in the App. This information may be passed on to stored and used by the third party service providers. The third party service providers may pass on information held about you to their own subcontractors and partners where such disclosure is reasonably required to provide any information, products or services in connection with the App;
- for marketing purposes, subject to your rights. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
- to notify you and other users of user activities on the App in accordance with the notification preferences you have selected;
- to notify you about changes to the App or any other service we provide to you; and
- as part of our efforts to keep our App safe and secure.
Information we collect about you. We may use this information:
- to administer our App and for business operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our App to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our App, when you choose to do so;
- to share your location with other users of the App; and
- as part of our efforts to keep our App safe and secure.
We may use information we receive from other sources for any of the above purposes, depending on the nature of the information. Third parties will process and manage your data in accordance with their own privacy policies.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any subsidiary or holding company of Ssshake and any subsidiary of any such holding company. We may share your personal information with selected third parties, including:
- business partners, suppliers, sub-contractors and third party service providers; for example: hosting providers;
- advertisers that require your data to select and serve relevant adverts to you;
- hosting, analytics, survey, search engine and other technical assistance providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of theApp;
- to any entity in connection with its intended purchase of a company or business in the Ssshake group, upon completion of which transaction, personal data held by the relevant Ssshake group company about its customers will be one of the transferred assets (whether transferred via a business or share sale); and
- if such disclosure is reasonably required in order to comply with any legal obligation or any applicable regulation, or in order to enforce or apply our EULA and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Ssshake, our customers, or others.
Certain aspects of your personal data will also be shared with other users of the App as part of its normal operation. For example, your profile picture, cover picture, name, location and biographical information that you add will be accessible to users.
Where we store your personal data
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Specifically, the App does not use end to end encryption on messages. Although we will endeavour to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted via the App; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
The App may, from time to time, contain links to third party domains. Please note that operators of these third party domains will have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that they may collect.
You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.